Thursday, February 18, 2010

So I told him, "It's just an experiment."

I must say, I never would have envisioned myself writing a blog.
Really, it's true. While the people who know me may wonder as to how or even why such a person as myself would commit themselves to a dedication (I must admit, I haven't ever been one for commitments; the last commitment I made was to finish my first game on the PS3. Admittedly, it's been over two months since I started and I have barely reached the halfway point).
When the concept of a blog was first taught to me back in 2005, I remember myself thinking "why in the world would anyone take the time to sit down and post pieces of writing relating to themselves for the fancy of strangers?".
Truly, I found the whole experience somewhat displeasing to me, seeing as it's nothing more than a simple rambunction of experiences from the day of.

However, I have begun to blog simply for one reason: to improve my ability to both type at a faster speed and better my ability as a literary writer.
Hopefully, somebody out there will decide to read this at some point and will thus have given me some reason for the choice of words I rather carefully picked (and will be picking) both today and in the future.

And if the time comes when the internet becomes sentient, and gathers its information based on what we humans have posted on the internet, then perhaps I will be so honoured as to have my blog read as a representation of what humanity may be like, if it was not correctly adjusted in the brain.

This is my first post, signing off.

No comments:

Post a Comment